Wednesday 20 October 2010

What do I think about Romania - or the Romanian`s? They're TARI!.

bu hafta bizden yeni yayımlanmaya başlayacak dergi/gazete için yazı istediler… Ben de bunu yazdım:

What do I think about Romania - or the Romanian`s? They're TARI!

It was a grey and rainy Sunday morning when I landed in Bükreş and as the bus made its way to the train station I couldn't help but wonder how the people of this country would be…You see, I've always been a lucky person and my whole Romania experience, till now, has been blessed with this luck too. The past month I.ve meet quite a few Romanian's and every one of them have been pleasant, helpful and hospitable. The examples are so many! The lady who helped me find my way to the bus which would take me to the train station; the man who lent me his bus ticket, just because I didn't have any; another lady who helped me buy my ticket for the train and even had a cup of coffee with me while waiting for our trains; the old couple who couldn't speak a word of English, but helped me with my luggage and merrily chatted with me throughout our train ride; the young, newly married couple who overheard me mention I was supposed to go to the hotel they were having their honeymoon at, and offered me a ride; the wonderful people in Predeal and Braşov. And all this was just my first week! Things only got better after arriving in Oneşti. Every single person in this little and peaceful town I've actually met, from the wonderful young people of ONESTIN, to the patient shopkeepers, from the curious and friendly high school students, to the sincere marketplace people have been so kind and generous – how else can I answer the question about my opinion about the Romanian's?! Like I said before…In my opinion: They are TARI!

No comments:

Post a Comment